|Welcome to Fallston Recreation Council's Boys Lacrosse|
Program Vision 2016
Dear Fallston Lacrosse Families:
With a successful 2015 season behind us, we are excited to share our vision and program improvements for the upcoming season.
A few of our highlights from last season; our Boys Midget A team won a MYLA championship, our Lightning A team was a semifinalist in the Lax Splash and summer exposure tournaments ( beating multiple Club teams), and our Midget B team made it to the quarterfinals of Lax Splash.
We understand the ever-changing landscape in Club Lacrosse can be confusing to many parents. For years Fallston Rec Lacrosse has been consistent in teaching boys the necessary fundamentals and skills of lacrosse while building character, teamwork, and ensuring a fun and safe atmosphere. Many of our boys go on to play for Fallston High school, one of the top public programs in the state, in addition to multiple secondary schools in the Baltimore area.
While there are many good club teams in the Baltimore area, we can provide the same level of coaching at a fraction of the cost. Our coaches have a vast array of experience and have a passion for teaching lacrosse. Here is what you can expect moving forward;
1) Fall Skills and Drills – 2 dates in late October / November focused on fundamentals
2) Winter League Options – all age groups will offer the opportunity to play in a winter indoor leagues
3) Spring Season – A, B, and C teams. Each age group will have at least one C Team ( in house) which will play in one league with mostly Saturday games. All A and B teams will play in a MYLA (Saturday) and a Harco or HOCO (Sunday) league.
4) Tournaments – A & B teams will play at least one pre-season tournament. All A teams will play in at least 2 post season tournaments. In 2015, we had teams participate in 3 tournaments and will offer that option for the A & B teams in 2016.
5) Summer League – All age groups offer the option to play in a limited contact summer league – one game a week
6) Soft Sticks Program – new program for 3/4 year olds in the spring.
Our coaches for 2016 will be
· Tyker A: CJ Lauer
· Lightning A: Chad Henry
· Midget 12/13 year olds (7th graders): Josh Stump
· Midget 11/12 year old (6th Graders): Ron Langlotz
· Junior: TBD – please contact the board if you are interested in coaching.
After Evaluations, we will determine the B & C coaches for each age group.As always we appreciate your support of the Fallston Rec Program. If you have any questions or are interested in volunteering in any capacity please feel free to reach out to any Member of the Fallston Lacrosse Board.
Recent Announcements (Snippets. Select link for full post)
Showing posts 1 - 5 of 26. View more »